The program has many functions, including:
- Ensuring effective consultation between the Energy Commission and tribes to advance the Energy Commission’s mission and provide meaningful tribal input into the development of regulations, rules, policies, plans, and activities that may affect them.
- Conducting outreach to tribes on topics such as California offshore wind energy planning, tribal energy funding, and tribal cultural resources assessments.
- Conducting tribal cultural resources assessments such as climate change assessments related to traditional ecological knowledge and studies on cultural landscapes.
- Assisting in administering energy research and project funding opportunities eligible to tribes.
- Hosting or sponsoring tribal energy events to promote collaboration and relationship building between the Energy Commission and tribal leaders and their staff.
Save the date: Invitation only event information will be posted here when available.